NGPaaS is organizing a workshop in Linux Foundation/Open Network Summit Europe 2018 which is the industry’s premier open networking event, gathering enterprises, service providers and cloud providers across the ecosystem to share learnings, highlight innovation and discuss the future of Open Source Networking, including SDN, NFV, orchestration and the automation of cloud, network, & IoT services. The workshop is co-organized with ONF (Timon Sloane, VP Marketing and ecosystem ONF). See you there!
The latest press release “5G IA & 5G PPP push international cooperation and phase 2 projects at premier IEEE 5G World Forum” is available online:
You can also find a description of the NGPaaS in the “Euro 5G Annual Journal 2018” HERE.
NGPaaS releases during the last two months a set of Deliverables (Reports and Demonstrators). Please visit our outcome’s link: http://ngpaas.eu/project-outcomes/#deliverables
Copenhagen was the venue for the 5th NGPaaS face-to-face meeting, hosted by Technical University of Denmark – DTU in the beautiful city of Copenhagen, Danmark.
From the 12nd to the 14th of June, NGPaaS partners came back together to track the progress of the Six work packages, prepare EuCNC presence and the mid-term project review. The latest technical developments in the Telco, IoT and 5G PaaS were presented and discussed in multiple joint sessions. In addition, as the project is stepping into its second year, the technical achievements and managerial arrangements corresponding to the first year were also summarized and analysed for the mid-term review session, which will take place in a few weeks’ time.
The next face-to-face meeting will take us to BT, UK.
NGPaaS made a strong presence and impact in EuCNC through his exhibition booth and the 5G hybrid cloud demo. He organized and chaired the cloud native workshop (https://www.eucnc.eu/workshops/workshop-2/) and participated in two others workshops organized by Phase II project (https://www.eucnc.eu/workshops/workshop-3/).
NGPaaS introduced to Pearse O’Donohue, Director for the Future Networks, DG CONNECT, EC & Conference General Co-Chair.
NGPaaS has a strong presence in IEEE 5G World Forum 2018:
- Exhibition Booth where we show two demos: http://ieee-wf-5g.org/industry-demonstrations/#demo2abstract
- Organization and Chairing workshop ‘5G Cloud Native Design’. Two keynotes are invited: Bill Snow, Chief Development Officer with Open Networking Foundation talking about ‘ONF’s New Edge Cloud’ and Amina Boubendir, Project Manager, Orange Labs France talking about ‘Servicification of Telco-grade Network Architectures: Towards Openness and Zero-Touch Management’, http://ieee-wf-5g.org/workshops1/#ws1a
- Presentation of three technical papers:
- Steven Van Rossem et al. ‘A Vision for The Next Generation Platform-as-a-Service’
- Bilal Al Jammal et al. ‘Re-factored Operational Support Systems for the Next Generation Platform-as-a-Service’
- Amira Alloum et al. ‘Adaptive Multiplicity Codes based PIR Protocol for Multi-Cloud Platform Services’
The agenda ‘5G Cloud Native’ workshop organized in conjunction with IEEE 5G WF is now available.
Have a look on the agenda in the following link: http://ieee-wf-5g.org/5g-cloud-native-design-workshop/
‘A Network Operator’s Perspective on Next Generation Platform-as-a-Service (NGPaaS)’ is the title of the White Paper released in June by BT outlining his view on the NGPaaS vision and innovations and exploring the potential benefits and market opportunities that could arise for network operators.