The 5G-PPP Working Group on ‘Software Network SDN/NFV’ hosts its 4th workshop at EuCNC-2018
on Monday, 18-June.
The Workshop will bring together various contributing projects within the Software Network Working Group and as well as other interested projects and parties to stimulate the discussion and share views/results about open network, SDN & Virtualization towards Telco-Cloud, Service based architecture (SOA, microservices, SBA), Role of Cloud Native Architecture & Micro services in Stack Readiness for 5G Rollout, Assuring 5G Services, Co-Creation and Ecosystem Play of 5G in a Telco Cloud Environment, Challenges with deploying telecom workloads in a distributed cloud, Hybrid clouds (public cloud + network edge clouds) and workload migration, High availability (resiliency, self-healing, redundancy), lifecycle management in the cloud with appropriately redesigned OSS/BSS, etc.
The Workshop will centralize not only, inter alia, the 5G application, software- and hardware-centric, policy/regulation-oriented, and technology-based innovation, but will also propose an ideal place for sharing opinions and insights from experts on how 5G could be given a physical form in a highly innovative techno-industrial-economic environment.
Suggested topics include but are not limited to:
- Low latency and high performance requirements addressed by 5G
- Service based RAN architecture
- 5G testbed implementation and deployment
- Virtualization technologies
- Service Programmability and Orchestration
- Software defined hardware accelerators (FPGA, GPU)
- DevOps models with performance and quality enhancements
- Distributed management system
- Multi-service and multi-tenancy and network slicing
- High availability (resiliency, self-healing, redundancy)
- Design principles and best practices for 5G application development
- Analytics based policy
- Edge cloud brokers (edge nodes available across different network operators)
- The role of MEC services and their APIs
- Edge computing and acceleration offload from devices, offload APIs
- Resilience at the network edge, enabling service level agreements
- Technology enabler – Open source and standards (Open Source, ONAP, OPNFV, ONOS, CORD, Linux Foundation / TMF / ETSI / MEF)
- Declarative Models
- Standardised APIs, Models, modeling languages
- Bessem Sayadi, Nokia- Bell Labs, France
- Cristian Patachia, Orange, Romania
Technical Program Committee
- David Breitgand , IBM, Israel
- Marius Iordache, Orange, Romania
- David Griffin, UCL, UK
- Ricard Vilalta, CTTC, Spain
- Anastasios Zafeiropoulos, UBITECH, Greece
- Thomas Deiss, NOKIA, Germany
- Antonio de la Oliva, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Alain Mourad, INTERDIGITAL, UK
- Erez Biton, NOKIA, Israel
- Lionel Natarianni, NOKIA Bell-Labs, France
- Carlos J. Bernardos, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Paris Flegkas, UTH, Greece
- Antonello Corsi, ENGINEERING INGEGNERIA INFORMATICA, Italy
Workshop contributions can be:
- Extended Abstracts (2 pages)
- Full Papers (up to 5 pages with possibility of 1 additional page at an extra charge of €80)
- Papers must be written in double-column IEEE format (cf. Authors Guidelines).
- All submitted papers will undergo a peer review process, coordinated by the Technical Program Committee.
The deadline for submission of Workshop papers is 23-April. Papers must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper submission date: 23-April
- Workshop date: 18-June
- Please register via the main conference website.